The AEF uses donations to...
- Put food on the table
- Put heating oil in the tank
- Pay electric and gas bills
- Buy medicine
- Pay short-term housing costs
- Cover burial expenses
- Assist in major medical events
- Assist in disasters, accidents, and other personal traumatic events.
100% of donations are distributed to those in need. The AEF is a genuine charity, all staff members are volunteers and there is no overhead or operating expenses. For more information about how we operate and how donations are used, please see our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Miles Dassoni Pitches For AEF!
Miles Dassoni, a senior at Ashland High School and a pitcher on the Ashland Clocker Varsity Baseball team who ranked 3rd in the Tri-Valley league in strikeouts, pledged to donate $1.00 per strikeout to AEF throughout the 2016 baseball season. Miles is looking for sponsors to match his total donation which is expected to be about $50. Contact AEF via this website or facebook if you are interested in sponsoring Miles and we'll add you to this growing list of sponsors:
Downtown Boston Realty
For more details about Miles' initiative, click here.
- To provide emergency financial support for citizens of the Town of Ashland, who find themselves in need, who are unable to resolve that need without assistance, and who are unable to quickly get that emergency assistance from State, Federal, or other sources;
- To create a permanent fund from which monies may be drawn to meet the emergency requirements of individuals and/or families living in Ashland;
- To establish an association of individuals able to respond rapidly to emergency situations for which the Emergency Fund itself may not have adequate resources; and
- To create a heightened sense of responsibility within the community of our duty to support our neighbors in need.
The Ashland Emergency Fund (AEF) is a charity providing financial assistance to recipients according to need, typically on a one-time basis. AEF support may continue until relevant assistance from state agencies is in place or until the crisis passes. Medical, heating, electric, rent, and food are among the expenses for which the AEF offers support. And, any Ashland resident can qualify: those receiving assistance are our neighbors and friends.
The Ashland Emergency Fund was incorporated in 1987 to assist townspeople who unexpectedly face financial challenges for which they have no realistic solution. Since its founding, the charity has given approximately $1,000,000 to over 1750 Ashland citizens. May of our friends and neighbors have benefited directly from the existence of the AEF. Expenses are covered and gifts are made with no strings attached and with no public knowledge of who the recipients are. The AEF is Ashland's behind-the-scenes, private place to which those in need have been able to turn to for help.
In our giving, it is all of us who receive.
The AEF is a 501(c)(3) IRS-recognized charitable organization. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. - #22-2959481