The AEF uses donations to...
- Put food on the table
- Put heating oil in the tank
- Pay electric and gas bills
- Buy medicine
- Pay short-term housing costs
- Cover burial expenses
- Assist in major medical events
- Assist in disasters, accidents, and other personal traumatic events.
100% of donations are distributed to those in need. The AEF is a genuine charity, all staff members are volunteers and there is no overhead or operating expenses.
Save the Date:
March 19, 2016 at 5pm
The Ashland Emergency Fund’s 2nd annual auction will be on Saturday, March 19 at 5pm at the American Legion on Summer Street. The Emergency Fund board plans to use the proceeds of this year's AEF auction for the benefit of Ashland residents battling a serious illness. Frequent and expensive visits to the hospital plus time off from work to make those appointments can be doubly damaging to one's personal budget. All money raised will be used to help pay for gas, parking or other costs associated with an Ashland resident's medical treatments.
Trick or Treat for Ashland Food Pantry
The 7th annual Children’s Halloween Food Campaign was held Halloween weekend 2015.
Ashland school children from Kindergarten through Grade 5 were invited to participate in a Halloween fundraiser to benefit the Ashland Emergency Fund (AEF). Students raised $3350 to buy food for the Ashland Food Pantry. This money will be spent on food for the pantry after the giving season has passed and the pantry shelves have been emptied in late winter or early Spring.
NEW THIS YEAR: Ashland High School's National Honor Society (AHS NHS) ran a similar fundraiser for members of the club on Halloween night. AHS NHS members went "trick or treating" for canned goods to donate to the Ashland Food Pantry and gathered hundreds of items.
Thank you Ashland elementary and high school students for keeping food on the table!
- To provide emergency financial support for citizens of the Town of Ashland, who find themselves in need, who are unable to resolve that need without assistance, and who are unable to quickly get that emergency assistance from State, Federal, or other sources;
- To create a permanent fund from which monies may be drawn to meet the emergency requirements of individuals and/or families living in Ashland;
- To establish an association of individuals able to respond rapidly to emergency situations for which the Emergency Fund itself may not have adequate resources; and
- To create a heightened sense of responsibility within the community of our duty to support our neighbors in need.
The Ashland Emergency Fund (AEF) is a charity providing financial assistance to recipients according to need, typically on a one-time basis. AEF support may continue until relevant assistance from state agencies is in place or until the crisis passes. Medical, heating, electric, rent, and food are among the expenses for which the AEF offers support. And, any Ashland resident can qualify: those receiving assistance are our neighbors and friends.
The Ashland Emergency Fund was incorporated in 1987 to assist townspeople who unexpectedly face financial challenges for which they have no realistic solution. Since its founding, the charity has given approximately $1,000,000 to over 1750 Ashland citizens. May of our friends and neighbors have benefited directly from the existence of the AEF. Expenses are covered and gifts are made with no strings attached and with no public knowledge of who the recipients are. The AEF is Ashland's behind-the-scenes, private place to which those in need have been able to turn to for help.
In our giving, it is all of us who receive.
The AEF is a 501(c)(3) IRS-recognized charitable organization. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. - #22-2959481