Ashland Emergency Fund holds events throughout the year that serve as fun activities for the community in addition to raising money for the AEF. Events are posted on our website and on Facebook as they are scheduled.
AEF events regularly held throughout the year include:
AEF Sponsored Food Drives (May-September)
Market Basket and Shaws are the places where AEF volunteers hold food drives to gather donations for the Ashland Food Pantry.
Ashland Emergency Fund Auction (March)
Join us for a fun evening of dinner, shopping, bidding and raffles. All proceeds are used to benefit Ashland residents in need. In 2016, the proceeds are will be used to defray costs of frequent hospital visits by Ashland residents fighting a severe illness.
"Staying Apart Together" Virtual Race
“STAYING APART TOGETHER - GO THE DISTANCE FOR ASHLAND" is a Virtual race with the sole purpose of raising money for the Ashland Emergency Fund.
100% of the proceeds will go to the Ashland Emergency Fund, a non-profit in Ashand, MA dedicated to is providing temporary financial support to members of the Ashland, Massachusetts community who are in need.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Sign up for the Virtual Race (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 weeks)
- Get walking, running, on your treadmill, stairclimber or any where its safe for you to get active
- Log your miles and post your photos online
- Feel good about staying active, while being apart, and raising money for the Ashland Emergency Fund
- There are no winners or losers, everyone wins and everyone is in this together...while staying apart!
- Start any time in between April-May 2020.
- Chose the number of weeks you want to participate in and then get moving!
- Walk your neighborhood, use your treadmill, stairclimber or ellipical! Please be mindful of the Town of Ashland Restrictions (which are posted below and in the waiver form) AND the State of Massachusetts COVID-10 Order No.13, Sec 3. Limitations on Gatherings.
- ASHLAND RESTRICTIONS PARKS AND PLAYGROUNDS: Please note that as of 3/23/2020 all Ashland Parks (to include: Stone Park, School Fields, Community Center Fields, Community Gardens, The Corner Spot and Marathon Park) and playgrounds (to include: KidsSpot and Community Center Playgrounds) are closed to the public.
HOW FAR – steps, miles, minutes
- Walk, run, jog, - Go as far as you'd like! This is your opportunity to challenge yourself and go the distance while you are raising money for a great cause
DONATE & FUNDRAISE:
- 100% of the proceeds from the Virtual race will go the Ashland Emergency Fund
- Participants will have an opportunity to do further fundraising for the Ashland Emergency Fund
- Everyone who registers will be given a T-shirt courtesy of the Virtual Race's sponsor, Oak Realty of Massachusetts, located in Ashland. T-shirts will be mailed to you or pickup times and place will be announced to all registered participants.
- One Person: $10 for each week of registration or $60 for all six (6) weeks
- Family/Household: $20 for the whole family each week of registration or $80 for all six (6) weeks.
Spring "Greening" (June)
In partnership with Cradles to Crayons, we collect gently used, no-longer-needed children's furniture, toys, clothes, and other items to serve local children living in homeless, foster care, or low-income situations, all the while reducing the number of items that go into landfills each year. Recycle for a good cause!
Ashland Day Booth (Mid-September)
Games and AEF Promotion at Stone Park
Children's Halloween Food Campaign (Halloween)
Every Halloween, the AEF runs the Children’s Halloween Food Campaign to collect donations to buy food for the pantry. Students in grades K-5 are invited to participate and all proceeds are given to the AEF and used to purchase food for the Ashland Food Pantry.